Green Chimneys Summer Camps believes that teaching youth about leadership and working with children is an important part of a successful summer program. We are presently seeking youth in our community to participate in our Counselor in Training (CIT) programs at both our Hillside and Clearpool summer camps.
Our CIT program is designed for teenagers who have an interest in growing their leadership skills AND enjoy working with children. The summer will be filled with leadership training, learning about working with children and having fun!!! CIT’s must be at least 14 years old (as of June 1) and entering 9th grade or 10th grade. All CIT’s must obtain working papers in order to participate in the program.
The application process is as follows:
- Applicants must fill out an application. Feel free to attach additional sheets if necessary. Mail or fax to address/fax number on application.
- Once received, application will be reviewed and an interview will be scheduled.
- If accepted into program, applicant must commit to entire 6-week program which runs form June 24-August 2. Additional three weeks (August 5-23) is optional and by invite only.
- There is a $150 fee for the program. CIT’s will be required to attend camp from 8:30am-5:00pm Monday – Friday. In addition, there will be CIT training prior to the start of camp.
- Space is limited. Completion of our CIT program DOES NOT guarantee a counselor position for the following summer.
If you have any further questions about our CIT program please feel to call.